Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason my calico cat, Naomi meows all the time in the car. Mostly when we are in the car and moving. She usually stops if we let her stick her head out the window but sometimes she doesnt. Its really strange and we have ruled out ear problems and carsickness...any ideas on whats the matter?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The movement of the vehicle may bother her - car sickness.

I wouldn't let her stick her head of the car either - she could either jump out and get injured or get something in her eye. We don't let our dogs hang their heads out of the car for just this reason - though I hate it because they did enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Silly question....why is she in the car so much?

My only kitty who's okay with the car is Cleo. The twins (calicos!) cry and cry, and Cinderella moans "noooooooooooooooo!" until she's out of the carrier.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Most cats hate the car and make their opinion well known. What she's doing is quite normal.

I second the opinion that a cat shouldn't be sticking her head out a window for the reasons stated. I'll also add that a cat should be in a carrier when in the car. It's much too easy for them to get tangled under the driver's feet creating the possibility of not being able to brake when needed. Or just being a distraction to the driver in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.