Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question. I have been trying to figure out my cats behavior problems since July of last year. After a visit from the vet they basically didn't recognize eachother and it has all gone downhill from here.... They are separated by a door at all times, but sometimes accidents happen and they get into it.

The dominant (Attacker) cat goes right for my submissive cats throat. Does anyone know why this could be?

I still don't understand why this issue has escalated to what it is... I am having a baby in July and will be moving in with my boyfriend who has two cats...

Does anyone have any idea on why my dominant cat is so aggressive towards my other? I mean do cats get jealous?

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
Lots of cats coming back from the vet have spats for a day or two, because they smell different, so it's sad (and surprising) that your cats never became friends again. I would suggest maybe starting over with the introduction with these guidelines:

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

And also using them to integrate your cats with your boyfriends' when the time comes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know i do need Jackson Galaxy, I am sad he has not had any episodes on inter-cat aggression. I think what we will end up doing is moving the submissive cat in a couple months prior to my dominant cat. Maybe they will forget about eachother? I could then start the re-introduction process from scratch.

One of my boyfriends cats is really sensitive to change and starts urinating places when he is stressed. I just cross my fingers that it all goes well x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts