Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was called Casper. I loved him. I came downstairs this morning and found him lying on our utility room's floor. I touched him, and he was stiff, he looked at his eyes, they weren't moving. I screamed and cried for hours. I rushed upstairs and told my mum. She got a woman to come and get Casper and take him to her field where she will bury him, she said we can visit whenever we want. But, I keep crying my eyes out when I think of him. He was my first cat, and he wasn't even a year old! as anyone got any help for a 11-year-old?

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Lucinda,

I am so sorry about Casper. How terrible for you that you found him. I am glad that you will be able to visit where he is buried.

His spirit is running free over the Rainbow Bridge with the other animals who have passed before him. He will remain with you in spirit and in your memories forever.

Will it help you to post a picture of him and tell us more about him?

Sending hugs to you on this sad day.

Lea-Ann

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll see if I can find a picture. He was mostly white but he had a grey/black tail and patches of black behind his ear. I remeber the day we got him. He was so friendly. The woman who collect hs body checked his airways, she said he couldn't of suffocted in anything. When he went to the toilet before his death he didn't have diareea so it couldn't of been poison he had. We think he either had a weak heart or a genetic disease. He was very small, so that might have something to do with it. Im 11 and he was my first cat so it was extra hard. I feel so bad as he didn't get too live for long. We got him in August 2007, at that point he was 10 weeks. I just cant control my emotions, I keep crying and sobbing, how do I get over this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I dont really have stories, he wasn't around for long. He used to curl up on the bottom of my bed when I went o bed, and then when my sister was asleep he would come to the top of my bed by my head and push his head into me. I used to love that. Two minutes, im gonna go and get a tissue.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, I know the pain that you are going through. It will get better with time, just remember the good memories. When my beloved Riley passed away my wife went to the local humane society and adopted another kitty for me. It helped ease some of the pain. Just a thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im thinking of getting another one , but, its hard to replace your first cat. I had to beg my mum for years, and finally when I was 11 and a few months she agreed. Why did it happen to me? I just want Casper back. I need him.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Try to take comfort in the fact that the life he had(no matter how short) he was loved dearly, and he knew it. I know how you feel though, last year I woke up one morning and 1 of my border collies had passed away in the night. It was sudden, and there were no signs leading to it. It turns out she had a heart defect.

I took comfort in remembering all the silly things she would do, like stare at herself in the mirror. Or her obsession with this weasle toy that chittered, she would do anything for that toy.

Did Casper ever do any silly things? Or things that just made you smile?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Casper.

I lost my first cat a couple months ago too, so I really understand what you must be feeling. I'm a lot older than you, but I think pain is pain, no matter how old you are. I just want you to know, though, that while you never stop missing the kitty, you can very gradually adjust to the fact that he's gone and remember the good things about him. I do think losing a first cat is very, very sad, though. Most of us here on the Forum have been through it and know what it's like.

Please tell us about Casper, if you'd like to. I bet he was a special guy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When we where on the computer he would jump up and sit on the keyboard to get attention. In the end we would spend an hour playing with him and as soon as we left him, he would do it again. I go on another forum called 'Meez' where you make your own Avatar. They just took the mick out of me. Im really sensitive today. It was horrid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just told my best friend Lucy, she nearly cried. He was so small and light. I just want my cat back.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh sweetheart im sorry. But please please remember.... your kitty had a wonderful life and he was very loved. What more could a cat ask for? Right now he is sitting at rainbow bridge watching you... and he'll be waiting for you. Whenever you think of him he will perk up his little head and smile because he loves you. xxxx

·
Registered
337 Posts
and one other thing hunny, I know it hurts and youll always hold a special place for your first baby in your heart but you will be able to love another.

If you'd like to talk about him we'd all love to hear some stories about him. Remember the happy times and he'll alway always be with you.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Your emotionals are completly normal so don't hold them back. Time will heal the pain. Casper was very lucky to have had you for a friend.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
He wasnt even a year? aww... i wonder what happened.... :cry: did he have any health issues that caused it? It sounds very sudden though...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Lucinda, It is very difficult to lose our furry babies. I lost my baby Rubilla (17 years) on my birthday last year, on my birthday (this year) I was all moppy and didn't want to celebrate, so I know how you feel, it has been very difficult, you are going to be very sad for a while, but it will eventually pass, I am very sorry to hear he died so young.
We are here to support you!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts