Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Abyssinian has not smelled very good since I got her. She occasionally has this soft white stuff coming out of her butt. The vet suggested adding some fiber by mixing in some adult food (she is 7 months old). Smell seems to fluctuate. However, this weekend she started chasing her tail obsessively.

I did go to the vet but I'm not comfortable with whats going on here. I'm worried there is some health problem and I would like to mitigate the odor. I've read about the gland problem some cats have. However, is there nothing we can do besides "more fiber"?

Wood Flooring Floor Fawn Liver

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest seeking out another vet. Did the vet explain what is happening? What is the white stuff? What are you feeding her?
The only thing she said was that the glands can become backed up. It is supposed to come out when they go to the bathroom. I think they are taking the approach it will go away on it's own. However this has been going on for 3 months now. She suggested slowly moving her to adult food to introduce more fiber. The brand is Royal Canin kitten and I bought the adult stuff and mixed in a small amount (quarter cup) yesterday.

I've never given a cat a bath and have been wondering if this will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts