Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My Cat used to be cool and playful. Now she's getting older.
When I signal here to come jump up on the couch with me she will just sit and stare like and then 5 minutes later she'll walk off and lick herself. She doesn't come in my room anymore either. I give her samples of cold cuts and she likes that but she still doesn't love me. What can I do to make her love me again?!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Little Nemo :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
I'm sure loves you!!! Cats are just so independent. She could be one of those cats that loves to be in the same room as you but not necessarily on your lap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She isn't spayed!!!
I think she's pregnant because she's been outside many times before. She runs outside whenever we open the door so we can't stop her!!
She might be pregnant because sometimes when she breathes, he stomach looks strange.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
You need to get the cat to a vet and checked out immediately. If she is in fact pregnant, than you have a situation on your hands that is going to require a lot of time, attention and resources. If she is not pregnant, get her spayed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to get the cat to a vet and checked out immediately. If she is in fact pregnant, than you have a situation on your hands that is going to require a lot of time, attention and resources. If she is not pregnant, get her spayed
Spacemonkey is right!

·
Registered
865 Posts
My cats have periods where they're less friendly as well. It's up to them whether they want to sit in your lap or not - sometimes forcing them to or holding them too much will just annoy them. And some cats just grow to not like certain things, but they still very much like you. Moby doesn't like being held, and doesn't offen sit in my lap (unless I;ve been gone for a long time). But he's always in the room with me! In my mind, if your cat is content it loves you. Just a matter of how affectionate they become over time.

But as Dr. Jean said - your cat is most likely growing up and dealing with their hormones which are new to them. Getting them fixed gets rid of the hormones - but it's wise to do so just so you don't accidentally get kittens. Plus they can be pretty wild (and loud) when they go into heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts