Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kitten rarely meows. I thought it is mute until I heard it once. I only hear it once or twice a week. If it does, it's a very silent meow. Is it just due to its personality or is it a health concern?

It's always purring, so I suggest it is happy. Also very active in playing + have a big appetite. It's just 2 months old.

·
Registered
Andy and Bugsy, best buds!
219 Posts
Our male cat, Andy, meows very lightly. The foster said he is like a "little dove" and he is. Cats do not now meow naturally because that is not the way they communicate with each other. That is the way they communicate with humans, so sometimes it is rare. Nothing unusual here.

Reactions: miscellaneous

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got 2 cats.
They are brothers with the same mother but different fathers.

Dood is a smaller Asiatic type cat with obvious Siamese blood.
He is a talker, constantly meowing for attention.
He loves to be talked to in return.
He talks so much that he can be a real PIA.

Tub's a larger European, maybe African blood type.
I have never heard him meow in 5 years.
He just dotes on attention.
He is not vocal by choice.
But, does like the attention of being talked to.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My Kate meows her head off at mealtimes, and Sophie just lets out a little squeak now and then, probably because Katie doesn't let her get a meow in edgewise. Just like people, some cats are talkers and others are not. As long as everything else is fine... no worries.

·
Administrator
15 Posts
Hi,

A cat meowing does not necessarily signify happiness. There are many reasons why a cat might meow; for instance, it could be hungry or hurt. Like one user indicated, a cat can express happiness by doting on its owner. In my experience, tail-wagging has often been an indicator of happiness.

Just by watching your kitten closely, you will eventually be able to figure out which behaviours it tends to display when it feels happy.

I hope that you and your kitten are doing well!

Kind regards,

Will

·
Registered
3 Posts
My kitten rarely meows. I thought it is mute until I heard it once. I only hear it once or twice a week. If it does, it's a very silent meow. Is it just due to its personality or is it a health concern?

It's always purring, so I suggest it is happy. Also very active in playing + have a big appetite. It's just 2 months old.
Lucky you! In my experience cats tend to become louder when get older.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts