Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my three and a half year old cat jumps up on my chest or shoulder and eats my hair. I mean, she really goes crazy, and starts purring while she's trying to eat my hair, almost as if she's loving up on me. But why does she eat my hair? How can I get her to stop?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hair is made of protien. I have one cat that liked to chew on my hair. I simple made her get down when she started. Don't have any problem any more.

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
I wonder if it could be the cat isn't getting enough protein in its diet? we all know what some cat foods are made of :x

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Buddy chews on my hair too. Goes crazy with it. It gets annoying but I don't mind overall... as long as it's not bad for him or anything :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always make her get down when she does it, but she keeps trying to get back up. What can I give her to make sure she gets enough protein? She eats dry food, and I also give her 1/4 can of canned food each day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my cats do the same thing, though they rarly do it now. If the cat is sleeping near my head, and is grooming him/herself, they will try to groom me as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
my ditty cleans my hair, but she never chewed it...although my moms cat Jimmy used to chew her hair and clean her before she went to work everyday, he would sit on the arm of the couch and wait for her to tell him to "make mommy pretty" and then she would lean down and he would go to town...lol...RIP Jimmy Bot we miss you dearly :cry: he was an awesome cat...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts