Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my cat storm (3yr old ragdoll) is an inside cat, as where we live is dangerous for him to be outside (rural). Over the past 2 weeks he has taken a liking to escaping. I have a flyscreen on my window that i like to keep open ( its summer) and a blind that i keep closed, my window also has a locking hinge on it that only goes out about 8cm. 6 weeks ago my cat got out at night. He was out for about 8 hours and turned up at the front door at 7 o clock. For about 3 days after he got out he was constantly trying to get out. But then for about 4 weeks he was SUPER chill. Lying on me all the time which was strange because he never lies on me, he hardly even lets me pat him. Attatched is a photo i took of him during this period. So about 2 weeks ago while i was asleep he squeezed his way out of the tiny gap. He was out there for about 5hrs as he got out at about midnight and i heard him outside of my window at 5. He got out 2 more times before i decided that i would just deal with the heat and close my window. Fixed, right? Well the little bugger managed to OPEN MY WINDOW and almost got run over by me. He keeps getting out and i dont know what to do. He got out about 30 mins ago and i decided i needed some help. Sorry for the wall of text.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Because cats don't have shoulder blades like we do (theirs are attached by muscles, not bone, and very flexible), they can get through any space their little heads can fit through, which still amazes me. All of my current and former cats have escaped at one time or another, but only for really short periods. You really just have to be vigilant and keep the windows closed more. I would freak if my girls were gone for 8 hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly i do keep windows closed, but he opens them with his paws. They are just a flip up latch so quite easy for him to open.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
My Cali could open my childproof locks, so I understand. But you'll have to either put tape over the latches or something, because he seems very determined to get out. Two-sided sticky tape may work because he is NOT going to like touching that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts