Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a cat that will not do his "business" in the litter box. He prefers to go in the bathtub and even tries to cover it up by scratching the side or the inside of the tub. I don't understand this because the litter is always clean and there are more than one so its not that he doesnt have easy access to them. I don't understand why he does this and don't want to yell at him or punish him for this until I know why he does this.... PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That can't be the problem cuz we've switched it and he still does the same thing I dunno what the **** his problem is lol maybe he's just to picky or thinks he deserves his own litter box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya he shares it with 5 other cats but theres a box on every floor (that would be 3 boxes total) and I don't really wanna spoil him and not the others (hey, I don't wanna have to clean 6 litter boxes) lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
My cat Minnie peed in the bathtub for awhile, what we found out later is it was probably because she was in heat and marking her territory. Is your kitty fixed?

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I know you don't want to clean any more litter boxes, but he may be objecting to the fact that he has to share with 5 other cats. I actually used to have a problem where one of my cats would poop in the corners of the living room. He stopped when I got another box.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just to narrow down the problem, I would suggest getting a brand new box with brand new litter, and confine your cat to a room with that box. If the cat uses the box then that may tell you that he needs his own box and if not then at least you'll what is NOT the problem.

When you use the words "punish him" you have to be very careful with that because chances are that your cat may have no idea what he is doing wrong when he gets punished.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well i could try getting a new litter and box for him and yes hes fixed and i also tried putting a few inches of water in the tub and he leaves it alone and uses the litter i think hes just seeing how much he can get away with lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts