Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
I saw that before I saw this.
He had the same post in the forum help part, I closed that one and gave a link to the one you have linked to.
I think basically at the moment he is very upset, so we should try to tread tenderly, if he keeps posting the same thing over and over then obviously we need to do something, but at the moment i think he is basically very upset.

He originally came here for help, this was his original thread-
http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p ... ght=#53947

I had to read it a couple of times because at first I thought he was kicking off, but he isnt. It seems he is mainly thanking jeanie for her replies, but its very muddled up, and he is definatly upset.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Yeah I think his post was origianlly in the emergency section. But like you guys have already said, keep a distant eye on him, when people are upset they over react to stupid things and then regret it.

·
Premium Member
28,607 Posts
Yes, I got a PM from Joe exactly like that thread. He had written to thank me for getting him off his seat and into a taxi with the cat. I asked him to keep me updated. I have answered his PM. I think he is a very busy man, and very upset right now. I have suggested he post in the Rainbow Bridge forum.

What is making matters worse is that the vet, knowing the cat was not fighting the infection, ordered hundreds of dollars in tests. He was referring to the emergency vet letting him down, not us. The cat's white count was not up, I guess. So, he is $300 poorer, has given the vet free advertising, and he feels as if he has been treated badly. The cat died in less than 24 hours, and he's sure the vet knew the cat couldn't survive. (I had to read and re-read, because his PMs were muddled.) Bless his heart. He needed someone to comfort him, I think, and I was the first to answer his post. Perhaps a word of condolence would be in order. Whatever you think.

This PM would serve as an update (he had the cat who was yowling in pain) if it weren't for the sentences in which he addressed me personally.
He had previously sent me a PM, in which he thanked me for sending him to the vet, and I didn't know whether he was being sarcastic. as the guy with the choking cat was, or was sincere. Well, he was just upset, and had no car. But he was seriously thanking me. He said at that time that he wanted to credit me with helping him. Perhaps that's what he's trying to do, and posted it twice, but he sent me a PM too! I think the poor guy is really emotional right now. I don't know what to do with that thread!

Isn't it ironic that one person wants to leave the forum because we advised a vet, and one is so grateful he posts it all over the forum? God bless him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.