Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an indoor cat named Hershey. He is the product of a barn cat. He is Havanah Brown I am assuming. However I have a new barn cat that is female and she is a cross between a tortie and havanah. Let me know what you think. She is pretty interesting and I have not been able to find any information about brown torties.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
They are all very pretty!! I don't know much about Havanahs, but I think both of the kittens in your picture are torties. Here's a pretty helpful link:http://fanciers.com/other-faqs/color-genetics.html

"A typical Tortoiseshell is a patchwork of black and orange, usually in a random pattern. Some "Torties" have large patches of orange, others are mostly black. The Tortoiseshell can be modified by dilution, which gives a patchwork of blue and cream rather than black and orange. Such dilute Torties are usually called Blue-Cream. Finally, the black patches of a Tortie may actually be any of the black-based colors, so you may see a Chocolate Tortie or a Cinnamon Tortie, and, if dilution is also present, a Lilac-Cream Tortie or a Fawn-Cream Tortie."

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
this pic shows more then on your other thread. I would say a chocolate tortie, a blue/cream tortie and in your other thread I also saw a black tortie.

not sure I would classify Hershey as a Havana though. they are usually thinner/longer more oriental breed looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts