Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 year old female cat. a year ago we discovered that she has food allergies (allergic to seafood mainly) but I'm not sure if she's allergic to anything else
yesterday she started to itch around her neck and scratch her paws. I contacted our vet and he told me to try and give her fenistil drops. I gave her that once.
I woke up today and she seemed very lethargic and weak. She refused to eat, she keeps hiding and I've noticed that whenever she gets up she stretches her hind legs, she'd even do that while walking, her walk is slow and whenever I tried to hold her she'd tremble and try to meow without voicing anything.
Our country is in complete lock-down because of the COVID outbreak, everything is closed and the army is in the streets so I'm unable to take her to a vet today.
I can take her to the nearest vet tomorrow but he isn't well equipped. They don't have lab tests or anything like that

I don't Know what to do!

what could possibly be wrong with her? Is there anything I could do from home?

·
Super Moderator
26,724 Posts
You must be so worried and scared. Are there any "people" foods that she likes? Treats? Anything just so she'll eat? My girls love cheese. Not the best thing for them, but tiny bits are okay. Baby food is also tempting to cats, but it's not really something you would have in the house if you don't have an infant.

It would be great if your vet has an appetite stimulant available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put some wet food she likes in front of her and she ate a little bit
She refused the treats and wasn't able to eat the dry food.
she's just laying down very lethargic and very weak to move
I can hear her breathe sounds and I think she's having difficulty breathing

it's 4 am and I'm just sitting here crying honestly not knowing what to do

·
Super Moderator
26,724 Posts
Hopefully she'll fall asleep and she'll be a little more relaxed. This is so sad, she's only 5 years old. What's her name?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts