Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat threw up this morning. the food was not even digested into his belly. he ate the same food he has been eating since he was a baby. he acts normal - incredibly active and purring up a storm. does anyone have any ideas why he threw up? should he be checked out or do cats sometimes just throw up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My cat Junior occasionally throws up like this and has for years. Since the food never gets digested and just comes right back up whole, I put it down to "wolfing" his food down too fast, or something harmless like that. It is only occasional, and he never has any other symptoms, so I have never worried about it - though a vet would definately know for sure.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I agree with bluey. Velvet does the same thing on occasion when she eats too much and too quickly. Certainly always ask your vet if in any doubt.
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Eating too quickly is definitely the culprit. Julius does not know the meaning of slow and steady wins the race. Instead, he scarfs it down...throws up and then whines 30 min later because his belly is empty. Oh well, I love him anyway.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Sugar used to throw up food like that too. She would garf it down when I fed them at certain intervals and then throw up undigested food later. I free feed now so it hasn't happened since. ****

1 - 5 of 5 Posts