Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat likes to eat strange foods. She is a tortoise shell, and 4 years old. She is a very happy healthy cat. Here are the foods she likes to eat.

We find her licking mayonnaise from bowls we have left on the floor.
I once saw her licking an egg shell
She likes scrambled egg.
She also likes to eat certain flavoured crisps.
She likes to lick yoghurt pots.

Are any of these foods harmful to her? I cant think of any other foods she likes at the moment, but im sure there are more. :lol:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Hi, Hannah. Raw egg is not wise, but if it's just a taste of the other foods, the only one I'm thinking about is the crisps. Are you from Gr. Britain? Most of my family and friends across the pond call potato chips "crisps." I would imagine it would be the salt they like, or as Dr. Jean said, the fat content.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Im sure if it's in the smallest amount, it isn't harmful....but my cats are pretty typical. They like milk, ice cream, and spam.... :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nick loves whipped cream, and will lick the "cream" out of your Twinkies given the opportunity. He also loves the kangaroo, crocodile, and emu jerky I brought back from Australia, lol.

His sister likes to steal butter. *gag*

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey, I like spam!!(I ate it for breakfast yesterday, too!) It is not wise to give cats cows milk. They are lactose intolerent, & should never be given cows milk, as it gives them severe abdominal cramps. Also, raw egg has salminela in it, & can also be harmful. Potato chips are greasy, along with foods such as beef & chicken, & when they eat something as greasy as that it causes them to vomit it up. I only know this from experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts