Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some of the weird foods my cat likes. Here they are:

Cucumber
Tomato
Watermelon

Any plants, especially my orchids.

What are some of your cat's food fetishes?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
He likes pickled vegetables too, but green olives are his fave. He once bit my fiance for taking olive juice away from him.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta loves fried chicken so much that we don't have it anymore because she's such an aggressive little mooch about it. She also likes lemonade, Spaghetti-O's (?!), Liverwurst, and smoked fish, and will nibble caviar on occasion. She also likes the ham, bacon, and sausage that I cure and smoke myself, but she seldom gets them.

Mostly, though, she just wants whatever's on my plate. We've taken to just letting her sniff our food before we eat because it cuts down on the begging (which makes it interesting when people come to dinner, but what the heck?). :roll:

·
Registered
363 Posts
One of my guys LOVES bread....if I'm eating a sandwich, he'll want some. He loves french fries.....anything full of carbs like that, actually!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
anything you put in front of him... popcorn, cookies, vanilla wafers.... my husband now thinks it's his personal job to feed our cat a little of everything "just to see if he'll eat it" :roll: I don't know which one is worse! :D

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Addison doesn't seem to like ANYTHING! It makes me sad in a way.

Whenever I bring something near him that I'm eating, he'll always think its for him and want to sniff it, but he never eats anything.

I've fed him some chicken we had leftover (I'm mean though and take off all the "good stuff" that makes it taste good and give him just chicken) but that's as close to people food as he gets.

Weird enough, he doesn't even drink milk! I know milk is bad for cats but I just wanted to see if he would drink it. I had some left in a cup and he stuck his whole head in, sniffed around, and looked at me like "what IS this??" it was kinda funny :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My other cat "Mosh" likes meat. "Kia" is in to vegetables.

This is funny ... once hubby and I were eating pizza while glued to the TV. Well, Mosh came by and swatted the slice out of hubby's hand. The slice went flying ... Mosh looked really happy. Hubby was stunned and was ROFL.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Tierney will eat anything.. except wet cat food..

And while i though Tierney was bad.. Teagan is even worse!

Anything i eat.. they want.. i will give them a taste.. but that's it..

Tierney and Teagan will hiss at each other to see who gets the potoe chips when there are crumbs though. I think that's both of there faves!

Although as soon as the cheese comes out of the fridge Tierney is right there. and whenever i am in the kitchen, Teagan sits on my foot!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cat likes to eat....

When it comes down to my cat all he likes is meat. Like fish, steak, and pork.
He mostly likes catfood, he's not very fond of people food, like most cats are.
But when we first got him he was very skinny and he would eat anything we gave him. (he was a stray). Well, we didn't exactly adopt him, he nearly adopted us! He wouldn't leave, and we put up "found" posters with a picture of our cat on it. Nobody called after a few weeks, and the cat still stayed outside our door. He would always try to get in.
My mom was going to work, and she opened the garage and sat down in the car, suddenly the cat jumped on her lap. She closed the door and drove out of the garage. Then she closed the garage and put my kitty outside.
After a while we started letting him come inside, and then we kept him. And boy am I glad that we did because if we didn't I wouldn't have a cat today!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Stephen doesn't get people food. It's a rule of mine. Once in a great great while, I will give her a little lick of mashed potatoes. She likes that! But since she knows she's not allowed, we never have to worry about begging.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My Dusty hardly ever gets people food, so he never begs at all. Once in a while he'll get mashed potatoes too! He really likes it.

My in-law's old cat (who just passed away) would eat anything! Potato chips, popcorn (anything crunchy and salty), pepperoni 8O , chicken, bacon, any meat really, cheese, and eggs. He LOVED eggs. In his last days, they would special cook him an egg in the morning. He would eat scrambled, but over-easy was his favorite...

G

·
0 Posts
Sheba loves canteloupe. She hears me get the container out of the fridge and she starts to beg. She likes yogurt too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cat doesn't beg either, though he does get people food sometimes, but just meat.
For some reason, now he is starting to dislike all people food, including meat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tyra & Tyson love tuna fish out of the can & sashimi -- esp. tuna, but they'll eat yellowtail & salmon too. Tyra loves veggies -- she's stolen cucumbers out of my sandwich before! Tyson likes my mozzerella string cheese, and half & half out of the little containers!

They don't get much of any of this though, so the rare occassions that they do, they are loving it!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Levi will eat anything but fruit and lettuce. He eats brusselsprouts, carrots, meat, bread, anything. Cleo's favourite illegal snack is gerbil seed mix :roll: . She eats it shells and all.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Elly and Punky love Doritos, Funyons, Tortilla Chips, lol.

You can't drop a Dorito on the floor because immediately you hear some crunching. It reminds me of my old dog. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts