Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to no if any one elses cat(s) are in love with the computer. When ever I am on it she wants to on it! She jumps in my lap and paws at it. Then last night was the first night she got to sleep out side of the bath room And she slept on top of the computer desk right next to the computer?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah, my cats like computers too. And for a lot of reasons!

For one... well, we all know when you are on your bed or table doing paperwork the cats come over and plop right down on whatever you are looking at. I suppose they want more of your attention. Why shouldn't this same theory go for the computer as well? They see you spend so much time on it, and they want your attention.

Also, they like sleeping by it or on it because it is wam, and gives off a soft vibration, almost like a mother's purr (unless it's an old clunker like mine, in which case it sounds like a distraught donkey on steroids waiting to take off :lol: ).

Either way... cats will always love the computer. Good thing they can't type (yet).

·
Registered
611 Posts
My cat doesn't particularly care for the computer itself, I think it may be too loud or cold on the outside. However, he always jumps up on the desk and patrols the area when I sit down there.

Also, even if he is mildly annoying me at the time with his cat like prowling about the desk, he always wins me over when he tries to hunt the mouse cursor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
computer

my cat LOVES the computer, sleeps on top of it, sits on my lap and watches me play games. goes right up to the screen and watches anything that moves.

one time. i was playing battlefield 1942 desert combat.. flying a plane, and when i was about to crash, the cat freaked out and took off running.. LOL he also watches tv with me..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Key-key loves this forum!! I don't no if its cause of the other cats she sees or of the screen moving but she loves it!! Shes paws at the other cats pictures! :lol:

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
My cats INSIST on climbing across my laptop's keyboard...and if they come lay on me while I'm working, they have to put their paws on the computer, too. I leave my computer half open to leave an away message up on AIM and they go sit on it. If I leave it all the way open they tear off the keys.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Our little kitten always climbs up on the computer desk and ends up going to sleep. She loves to watch the screen....and she has a little cushion to sleep on. Spoiled girl!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we need to get key-key her own cause every time I am on here I have to hold her up close to the screen so her paws will reach!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I dont really like naming my animals for some reason so I just said for her name to be kittie but when I call her I just say Key-key!! She comes so I guess that would be her name I really should have gave her a name!! :?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well, I own a laptop and having two kittens (not that small anymore) BOTH sitting on the keyboard of the laptop make computer life a bit hard. But yeah, my cats LOVE the computer. Actually they seem particular too. If hubby has his laptop open they perfer mine before his... I think it's becuase my laptop is a Macintosh *giggles* :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
My kitten loves the fan on my laptop. It has the ventilation/fan at the back, the whole area at the back gives off warm air. She fast decided that was THE spot for her. After always blocking the ventilation, taking a key or two off, walking over the keys, sitting on the keys, etc... I decided to give her her own spot on the desk. I removed a whole bunch of clutter, put a cardboard box in one corner of the desk, and she now pretty much leaves me and the computer alone. She just jumps up on the desk, and goes to her box to watch me until she gets bored/falls asleep.

The printer is her favorite, though. It has a paper tray in the front (pages inside are not visible), the pages tumble inside the machine, then come out the same way (above the tray). She checks out the area where the paper comes out, then looks at the back of the printer, she does this over and over again, as if trying to figure out where the paper came from. I can't print a page without her jumping on the printer and going through the exact same routine :)

Nishi

·
Registered
7 Posts
My boyfriend, roommate, and I are all computer nerds, as are the people we got one of our cats from. I run two monitors. My boyfriend runs two monitors. My roommate runs one. Sometimes I run an extra machine (with an extra monitor) and a laptop.

Our cats quite enjoy watching us play on our computers and frequently sleep atop our many monitors.

Donagan is sitting on my desk looking up at the words on the screen as I'm typing them right now.

http://www.youlanda.com/cats/catforum.jpg
... I need to clean my desk... again.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Sugar loves my monitor and she sits up there and starts pawing the monitor screen all over and bats around. I can't see a thing on the screen! When the printer runs, she gets into combat mode and has to know where that noise is coming from, she's so cute :wink:

All Mine!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have an aquarium screen saver. I finally had to turn the sound off. Because they were trying to find out where the bubble sound was coming from.
But two of my 7 sit on the back of my chair any time I am at the computer. Then one of them lays on the laptop when I am not using it. and the other lays on the top of the printer.
I have to make sure I always close my laptop when I leave it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its funny my cats always want my attention when I am on my computer! They lay on my lap, or on the desk....silly kittys!! They like to knock the mouse off, and bounce on the keyboards! And why is it when you are reading a paper or something, they are right there~in the middle of it?? LOL! Gotta love 'em though! :D

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I can almost guarantee that little Stephanie will climb right up into my lap if I sit at the computer. She climbs up my leg, purring the whole time, and goes right to sleep. And I mean soooouuuuund asleep for a good hour. I just hope I don't have to use the bathroom, or my butt doesn't go numb. Sometimes, she'll check out what I'm doing on the computer, following my mouse with rapt attention.

Then, if I get up, Scully is in my chair in a flash. It's her throne, and she's a pain to try to move. :roll: Sooo stubborn...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts