Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my cat about a year now since she was a kitten (my friend found her wandering around her house and I offered to take her). She came into my house when we already had my brother's cat, and they got along fine. Then, my brother's cat died of feline leukemia shortly after we got my new cat. But, she was only alone a few days because about 2 days after my brother's cat died, we got him a kitten. My cat and the kitten got along fine and never fought or anything. Then, when the kitten got old enough, we got her fixed. And ever since we brought the kitten home from the vet, any time we put the kitten with my cat, my cat stalks and attacks her. The little kitten was so scared we had to separate them in the house. And also, my cat has started peeing EVERYWHERE in the house. We just watched her pee on a blanket now. What is wrong with my cat and what is going on? My mom will make me get rid of her if I can't figure out why she is being this way :crying

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
It's the smell from the vet's office, actually quite a normal reaction - but that normally only lasts for a couple days. How long has it been she she was fixed?

Your cat may have a urinary tract infection. Here's a link about that:

Urinary Tract Disorders in Cats | Little Big Cat

Maybe your could have your Mom read it and decide if your cat needs a trip to the vet.

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
You may need to start the introduction again, going slowly.

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

Sorry to keep posting links, but it's good information. I hope you get some answers and don't have to give up your cat. :patback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.