Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says sadly i failed to keep her in 😟, and now i believe she is pregnant. Im wondering how do i prepare for her kittens? I made her a little box house with lamenent flooring. She seems to like it. My biggest worry is she'll have her kittens some where not safe. Like outside, or not in my room. (we have a dog he is nice but im unsure how he will react if he sees kittens).

Any advice? and i will get her spayed asap she is has birthed her kittens.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Keep her indoors. Indoor cats like to have their kittens in a closet. Mothers will move their kittens several times. Mothers will have their kittens to places that are hidden, so it may be hard to find them, but they'll be safe. Do not give her the option of having the kittens outside. Keep the dog in a room with the door closed. Don't let the dog see the kittens, he may feel uneasy. Dogs will accidentally kill kittens. If you make a place for her to have her kittens, she may not have them there or move them there. During pregnancy, and after birth, she'll need to eat more. Three weeks after conception, the female's nipples will look bigger, and pinker in color. She can be spayed once the kittens are weaned. Mothers will start the weaning process six weeks after birth. Weaning ends at eight weeks, then the kittens can go to good homes. If I missed anything, here's a link on how to care for a pregnant cat: Caring for a Pregnant Cat | Daily Vet | PetMD. Please, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hope this helps! Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts