Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat loves sports. I have taken many photos but only just got around to puttting a video on U-tube showing his fascination with sport.

He loves the tennis the best and Federer was his favourite. I have over 100 photos but the film really shows his PASSION

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG! I'm laughing so hard I have tears!!! That was SO CUTE! What a little character your kitty is. Whats his name?
Glad you enjoyed this.

His name is Dali (after Savador Dali)

The funniest was when my sisters hubby and two kids were watching footy and Dali came up and started going for the screen.

Joe (2 year old) was rolling around with laughter at the cat.

He is a funny little fellow and really is SPORT MAD!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Is that the cutest! I've had quite a few kitties and cats that were real hockey fans....love the fast action on the white ice---of course they're Canadian kitties!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the cutest! I've had quite a few kitties and cats that were real hockey fans....love the fast action on the white ice---of course they're Canadian kitties!
ha ha ha
I would love to see this.

I think my little feral cat from Dubbo (NSW in Australia) where it is VERY HOT would also love Canadian Ice Hockey.

any ideas how I could get him to see it?

I was going to ask you to post me a DVD but i think the formatting for dvd's in us and canada is different from Australia.

I could let him see it on my apple mac but I don't want to damage the screen and the TV screen is very thick glass so he can stratch to his hearts content.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i just let him watch the Canadia vs Germany on u-tube but I hold him so he cant get the screen on my Apple Mac. It is torture for the poor cat.

I need to get him an ice hockey dvd so he can watch on the telly

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My first cat, Enok, was a severe basketball fanatic. He would chase the players across the screen and, when they disappeared off the side of the screen, he would "follow" them around the side of the TV, then to the back (pausing to look for them among the wires), and return to the front around the other side. I guess he figured that if they hadn't escaped their "box", they HAD to be inside it running around. And he was RIGHT! As soon as he got back to the screen, there they were, continuing to run around inside!!! Many were the times that he slid off the table onto the floor because he ran around the TV so fast, especially when he'd have to do a quick u-turn if the players were running in the opposite direction when he got back around to the front.

Theodora has become an avid horse racing fan. She watches entire races, looking from one horse to another. Now when she hears galloping hooves on a TV show, she comes running to watch the "race". I wouldn't be surprised if she places bets when I'm not home......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first cat, Enok, was a severe basketball fanatic. He would chase the players across the screen and, when they disappeared off the side of the screen, he would "follow" them around the side of the TV, then to the back (pausing to look for them among the wires), and return to the front around the other side. I guess he figured that if they hadn't escaped their "box", they HAD to be inside it running around. And he was RIGHT! As soon as he got back to the screen, there they were, continuing to run around inside!!! Many were the times that he slid off the table onto the floor because he ran around the TV so fast, especially when he'd have to do a quick u-turn if the players were running in the opposite direction when he got back around to the front.

Theodora has become an avid horse racing fan. She watches entire races, looking from one horse to another. Now when she hears galloping hooves on a TV show, she comes running to watch the "race". I wouldn't be surprised if she places bets when I'm not home......

omg.
that is so funny
I would love to see a video of that so dali knows he has another "mate" he can watch the sports with, even if other side of the world. LOL

Dali loves FROSTY THE DANCING COCKATOO and, like your cat, went around the back of my Mac to try and find Frosty.

It was hillarious!!!!

Is Enok still alive?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just proves what I've always known --- cats are, indeed, smarter than humans. At least, they THINK about what's going on. Put a two-year-old skinkid in front of the TV, and it will just sit there, drooling, eyes glazed on the hypnotizing picture. The cat at least tries to figure it out!

Enok found me ages ago, in 1969; he was waiting on the steps of the Ag School at WVU because he knew I had a class there at 9am. He was quite a character and learned many unusual (OK, bad) habits living with a bunch of college pranksters and travelling everywhere with me. I'll never forget him.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
My cats are also fascinated by Animal Planet TV, especially watching the big cats stalking game.....they recognize the behaviour even tho they've never been outside. "Meerkat Manor" is another fave of theirs. They're sorta catlike. Birds are fascinating to them too, of course.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My cats are also fascinated by Animal Planet TV, especially watching the big cats stalking game.....they recognize the behaviour even tho they've never been outside. "Meerkat Manor" is another fave of theirs. They're sorta catlike. Birds are fascinating to them too, of course.

that is so funny. The other cat site I go on has a lady whose cats are interested in Animal Planet and loves it as well.

Meerat Manor is one of MY FAVS but my cat does not seem interested. Just a sports nut i guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Picturing this just makes me die! This has to be the cutest thing I have ever heard!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My sister's cat likes explosions and bright colors, I watched fasinated as she would watch the tv intently wheil the show was going on, then pu her head down for a snooze durring commertials, then pick her head back up when it was back on....

I pop a cartoon in before bed, and Ziggy is a pain in the butt, and will sit in front of my face and watch lol... or he'll plop on my head, paws on either side of my nose and watch... he likes toy story!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts