Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i see male cats are still chasing her. they just wont let her be, they keep trying to jump on her neck when she goes out.

is that normal?

i have spayed at least another 5 cats before her and it never happened before... :?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Your male cats need neutered also. I have an intact male that kept chasing my female spayed cat before.. She ended up bloody and things from trying to get away from him :?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i know he needs to be neutered its just so impossible.he only comes home every third day, whenever he feels like it. I think the whole neighbourhood feeds him so thinks he doesnt have to.
And you have to make an appointment with the vet days in advance, and i just cant plan anything with him.

but even if i did it would make no difference, hes not the only randy male cat in the neighbourhood.

I was just wondering if its normal for a female to still smell to males 2 months after spaying, cos i have other spayed cats, and none of them are being chased around, so it must be something wrong with her.... :?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How about keeping her indoors?

Is she showing any heat behavior? Occasionally there is 'ectopic' ovarian tissue somewhere in the abdomen that is not taken out during the spay surgery. Not the vet's fault; usually it's microscopic amounts. However, with the 'real' ovaries gone, these cells can grow and re-create an 'ovary' that does all its hormonal things. Something to be checked for by your vet. A vaginal smear can help sort things out; and there are blood tests for the hormones too.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant technically force her to stay indoors.

but.. hmm... if this is the case with her,does that still mean she can't have kittens anymore for sure?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha

oh my

well... i hope theyll calm down soon. fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts