Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 month old and 6 month old kitten and I was in the living room earlier and I could hear these loud cries , never heard cries like that before. I rush to the back room where they were in. I thought maybe my 6 month old was playing rough and hurting her. When i got to the room Icould see my 6 month old on the rad but i was not able to see her. I looked behind the rad and there she was, she had fallen between the rad and the wall and was wedged in there and she was crying. I tried to grab her but was not able to reach her. I rush to get a chair and tried to pull her out but all i had to pull on was her head and one leg. I was in a panic. I was so scared to break something, and there she is looking at me crying like she's in pain. After many tries i finally got her free. I was practicly in tears, my heart and her was beating a mile an hour. Poor thing. She seems to be fine. I don't know what would of happened if I would have been home. Suppose to be at work today. I don't want to think of what if. Just glad she is safe and fine. Who would have thought that a cat can fall behind a rad like that. Makes me think of other areas of the house that I never thought of that might be dangerous. I've been looking everywhere for dangerous areas. So that's my excitement of the day!

·
Registered
697 Posts
That must have been quite a scare. It's strange the places a cat can find harm. I've had my lounge blinds up for months yet the other day my cat got his head cught through the chain linking them so tried to twist himself free but tangled up more. Thankfully I was in the house and heard him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a rad is???
We had a similar scare when Surfboard was a kitten. We live in Hawaii where most homes have slat windows. Surfboard would climb them and then lay down in one of the slats to nap or watch outside. Well one night we came home, walked into the kitchen and all we heard were horrible crying meows. We couldn't figure out where he was. We finally realized that he had climbed the window behind the stove and it had closed on him. He was trapped in between the window and the screen!!! Poor baby. It's was horrible. We finally got him out and were just thankful that he wasn't able to push the screen out and escape outside.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a Rad is actually a wall heater. We live in a old house and they are made of metal and water flows throught them. I don't know if this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts