Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My cat just visited the vet couple days ago to get her second dose of deworming medication shot. She was acting completely normal after the visit but the next day, I noticed a bald spot in between her shoulders where she got the shot. It looked red and scratched up so I thought she was having a mild allergic reaction to the medication. (She only got one shot this day) I continued to observe her and the wound and noticed no abnormalities. The next morning I checked, it looked like her wound was healing pretty well. But later on that day when I rechecked her spot, it looked worse than the first night and caught her scratching the area. I purchased an e-collar hoping that would stop her but she continues to scratch her wound. What can I do to prevent her from messing with the wound. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
I've done this with two of my girls - bought a onesie. I treated the area with OTC medication, applied a bandage and then put the onesie on them. As you can see, Cleo was not happy about it, but it worked.

Cleo's tongue (2).jpg

With Cali, to keep the bandage in place, I wrapped an ace bandage around her body a couple of times, but I don't think that's necessary in your case.

Reactions: Tuna's mother
1 - 2 of 2 Posts