Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my silly little kitties have decided its a great idea to chew on my telephone cord, cell phone charger cord pretty much any cord they see they go after ive heard that spraying hairspray on the cords will make them stop but is there any other way instead of sticky cords?

·
Registered
36 Posts
hmmm...not sure what you can do :?
the only thing I can think of is have a spray bottle and spray them when you catch them doing it. You might try the hair spray if the water doesn't work..cuz if they try to chew through, say, your computer power cord or any major cord, your kitty will get fried!! not a good thing.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How about spraying with something that smells like lemons? Some sort of citronelle scented spray
I hope it is going to work - there is no way you can let the little rascal getting away with it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what I did before:

1) Went to Ikea/Home Depot and bought those thick plastic cord tubes (like 3/$1.99) and wrap every cord with zip ties or duct tape or clear tape.

2) Squeeze couple drops of lemon juice on the cords and let the kittens smell the cords...

Putting hair spray on the cords could be hazardous for the kitties if they choose to chew the cords anyway, but not fresh lemon juice

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Whenever they start chewing spray them with water and say "NO". One of my cats, Sugar loved to do this and right now my cell phone charger is still halfway eaten but still works, thank goodness. Eventually I think she grew out of it but also try spraying it with some citrusy smells on it since cats dont usually like that. Its definitely a good idea to tie up all your cords with a plastic tie or something, I wouldnt recommend Twistie ties b/c cats love Twistie ties and they may play with it even more! Good Luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts