·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks queen of the nile. :D Ive got a question. Does she look a little on the large side to any of you, or is it just her long fur? I love her colours too, they remind me of caramel.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
It is SO hard tell with long-haired cats without actually touching them. How much does she weigh? Is she a large cat in length and height? Does your vet suggest she is overweight? How old is she?
I know at the vet I volunteer at, my cat is considered about 3-4 lbs overweight. Same vet, but my friend's cat but with the same weight and build, they say she is the ideal weight :roll: . I know that cat is overweight, because she looks just like mine! Anyway, I guess I feel that since such a large part of the cat population is overweight, vets / techs may not want to comment about it if the cat is not very overweight. Did you find that link drjean posted about the cat body index thing?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is not really a very "long" cat. She does seem to be wider in the hip area than she is in her rib cage. I dont actually know how much she weighs, she is fairly heavy. When she lays down, her stomach does seem to kind of flop to the floor a little. I can feel her ribs though, its not difficult for me to. I read somewhere that you should be able to feel each rib quite easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts