Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since last Friday, when Clyde was sent to the bridge, all my adult cats have been acting strange. I'm seeing more of Angel, who normally hides all the time. Cheyenne has started kneading me and laying on my stomach when I'm in bed, which is VERY unlike her! Only Oreo does that.. Cheyenne has also been attacking Oreo more (since Clyde isnt there to do his 'harrass Oreo' job).. Oreo's been easily distracted from his bed-time petting, and doesn't come see me to bed as much either. I'm really not sure if this is related to Clyde or not, or if one of them is sick and causing the others to be strange..

It's morely Cheyenne, Clyde's partner of 10 years...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Your cats have to rearrange their whole social structure with Clyde missing.

When my Australian Shepherd died, I discovered belatedly that he was the glue that held the family together. Willy was the hub and the 5 cats were the spokes all around him. He was their center and their heart. They were quite lost without him. Then, after a couple of weeks, I started seeing different pairs of cats hanging around. Cats that had never socialized before were reaching out to each other for the companionship they'd had with Willy. It was amazing to watch as the whole system slowly shifted. It took a good 6 months to get it all sorted out in to a stable set-up again.

So, allow them the space and time to work it out for themselves. Just support them and love them and you'll all manage to muddle through and ultimately come out stronger on the other side.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
So, allow them the space and time to work it out for themselves. Just support them and love them and you'll all manage to muddle through and ultimately come out stronger on the other side.
Of course I agree with dr jean hehe. And I think the story about Willy is fascinating. It will be interesting to see what happens with your cats Aonir. I'm so sorry about Clyde, and they probably are too and want to comfort you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts