Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My cats are concerning me a little bit. They're litter mates, both boys, almost a year old now. They've always been super loving to each other and still are...but recently I've noticed their playing getting more aggressive. Lots of growling when they're gripping each other with their teeth etc. And literally chasing each other round the house over and over to the point where one of them starts panting (lol always a funny sight).

And just last night, I noticed the tabby had a red eye...now, i can only speculate if this was a result of their fighting.
But my question is, is this normal? And should i split them up when it gets too aggressive? (I'd put them in separate rooms).

Is this just an age thing since they're almost a year old? I do worry, and would hate to think they'll hurt each other by doing this.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies! Yes, they are neuteured, have been since they were very small. I don't clip their claws, I just don't see the benefit to them personally to do that...

Perhaps as you both say, it's just normal behaviour, but i'm thinking maybe it's also because i've moved a couple of times and maybe it unsettles them to move house, and then finding themselves in new territory is bringing out their aggressive side. I dunno, just a thought. I think it's ok for now...if it gets any worse I'll do some more worrying! lol. :)
Maybe i just have to get used to living with two tomcats for the first time! lol. :cat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.