Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is Nero. well not really he is staying about the same, attacking feet, the usual.

Next is Tobay. His desire for the outside world has grown. He is now figuring out how to open the door when he wants out. This is a door that opens inwards too. He is being very determined about it. He is also figuring out how to turn off the phone alarm. Woke up this morning to the alarm sounding weird, it was trying to go off and he was whacking at the screen to try and turn it off. Poor baby wants his sleep I guess.

The main ones that are killing me are Tika and Mika. Over the stupid litter box.

Tika got impatient with me while I was cleaning one box, I had the lid off and laying on the ground, since i was busy cleaning the box she decided the lip was just as good to tinkle in as the box itself was.:cussing

Mika started pooping outside the box when she dubbed it "too dirty" but last night about killed me. Cleaned it before bed and she pooped infront of it anyway:cussing. Shane and I are speculating that maybe she is now objecting to the lid being on that box. Cleaned the mess up, put some Resolve carpet stuff, moved the litter box over it, and removed the lid.

Tika was a one time thing but I'm wondering about Mika doing it more often. Nothing really changed, we did shift to a different litter a few weeks ago but that was a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tobay sounds a lot like my cat, Pierre. Pierre can open any door in my house & is VERY close to figuring out how to open the sliding door in a closet. It began when he was a kitten & would escape from the bathroom during his "time outs". (I had an apartment at the time & the doors would "close" but not really.)

About the litter box situation, I have also experienced the pooping RIGHT NEXT to it. Pierre has even resorted to going #1 in the shower... >:/ I mean, his litterbox never goes a day without being cleaned - I think he's just being naughty.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 however we have no issues with the cats chasing each other off, etc. Maybe someone was using the box when she needed to go? We have one box in the room and I normally bring all the cat in there at night.

Last night there was one big cat love pile where everyone was mutual grooming.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
About the litter box situation, I have also experienced the pooping RIGHT NEXT to it. Pierre has even resorted to going #1 in the shower... >:/ I mean, his litterbox never goes a day without being cleaned - I think he's just being naughty.
I don't think he's "being naughty", but he may be telling you once a day scooping isn't enough. Some cats just won't go if there are any pee clumps or poops in the box. I suggest you get an extra box and clean 2x/day. You could also sprinkle a thin layer of Dr. Elsy's Cat Attract litter on top after you scoop and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Some cats don't like enclosed litter boxes. Try having the lid be off all the time (not just when you're scooping).
If the reason for having an enclosed box is to contain the smell, just scoop more often and there shouldn't be a smell

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I used to have 3 boxes that were cleaned 2x/day with 4 cats. Sasha began peeing in the tub and other interesting places so he had a full vet check. I was forced, quite expensively, I might add to get another litter box, and all his urination problems have disappeared.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
figured I would update

Well, we now have 3 boxes, we got our old "booda dome" back from mom as she wasnt using it. It really is too small for Nero and Tobay and will be for Tika and Mika when they reach their adult size, but it does for now. Since the cats love using the box in our closet thats where the Booda dome goes.

Tobay loves that thing. He needs to use the potty in the dome he goes.

So far so good. It turns out if we are the least bit tardy on cleaning the box we can expect a present from Mika. Tobay being picky about covering up present in or out of a box, will then kick litter out of either box and cover up said present. If he cant get the litter out he will grab a random object and cover it.

So we stay on top of litter, problem solved. Waiting til the morning is an at our own risk venture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.