Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my name is Victoria I live in England & have 4 beautiful feline's who really are my world :heart

my eldest is Meeca she is a 3 year old female, Tulah is also a 3 year old female & Teddybear & Elfie are 2.5 year old brother's

they are all indoor cat's as I live in a 3rd floor flat,

up until the 1st of January this year they had free 24 hour access to dry kibble which has now been totally removed from their diet & are eating a canned/pouched wet food diet entirely

Meeca has been a real kibble addict & up until january this is all she would eat, I have managed to get her eating tune & fish canned food but she will not touch the meat food

I have left her for 24 hour's without offering her the fish food & she would still not eat the other food so I gave her the fish food,

I have tried mixing in a small amount of chicken with the fish food & she then will not eat any of it, I am worried as I know fish is not good as her complete diet

I am really wanting to be feeding a raw food & whole prey diet but am really struggling with all 4 of my cat's, Tulah really enjoyed some raw lambs neck but the other's would not touch it & Tulah hasnt eaten any of the other raw meat's I have offered her

Teddybear has been diagnosed this week with FLUTD so the importance of getting them onto an appropriate diet is becoming great to me

so I have joined this forum to get as much help & advice as possible to provide my cat's with a healthy & happy life

thank
Victoria x

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the best thing to do is to take up the bowl of dry food immediately if it has previously bee left out 24/7

your cat will then get the chance to become hungry & will be more likely to eat the wet food

I am still struggling to get Meeca to eat any wet food other than the ocean fish & tuna which is becoming a bit of a worry, she will just go without & wait for the food she like's even for 24 hour's she just wont eat the other food, I have tried offering her lot's of different flavour's & brand's but no joy unfortunately

on the upside Tulah ate some raw rabbit including bone this morning, what an amazing sight & sound it was :)

Teddy & Elfie ate a very small amount mixed in with their wet food but the funny thing was Tulah wouldn't eat the wet food with the rabbit mixed in :s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.