Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all my male cat is dragging his butt on the floor, and somewhat walking funky. Should I be concerned or is he just having an itch? I think I should take him to the vet, but I hate taking him to the vet. He's like my baby and I don't want them doing weird things to him. But I guess If It helps his situation. So take him in or wait it out?

My female cat on the other hand- she has a hissing problem. She gets mad everytime I walk around her, even when I'm trying to do something nice for her. I don't understand what her deal is with the negative attitude towards me. I don't know If I did something wrong to her? And I just don't remember?? It makes me feel bad that she has developed a hate for me It seems like.

As for the both of them the male and the female. I think they like eachother somewhat, but I have no idea what cats think. They fight all the time and growl and hiss and chase eachother. I don't know what kind of play that is, but is it okay? I mean I don't know If they are playing or one of them is ganging up on the other. Ahh- somebody write me in my inbox and tell me what's going onnn.

Thanx. =]]

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
the male sounds like he could have impacted anal sacs. The vet could tell by looking at him, and empty them if they need it.

As for the hissing and fighting, it depends on how long you've had them, how long they've known each other, how old they are, where they came from (are they former stray/ferals?) and more.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think your male cat should see the vet. Rubbing his behind on the floor like that could be just an itch, but it could also be impacted anal glads like morea suggested. It could also be a symptom of a UTI or crystals, which can be life-threatening if not treated.

Do your cats ever do things like groom each other or sleep together? Even cats that like each other will chase and play fight once in a while- its something they do for fun and to keep their hunting and fighting skills sharp. If your cats are being friendly toward each other on a regular basis, then its probably just play. Its okay to let them do this as long as it doesn't get too rough, and as long as both cats are doing the playing. If your cats are not friendly towards each other, though, thats a different story.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is your female cat fixed? The hissing problem is pretty typical of a female who isnt spayed, usally once they get spayed they become a lot more personable.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
The butt dragging could be impacted anal sacs or stuck poop (possibly constipation) or worms. He needs a vet visit...

Not sure what to make of the female hissing and the fighting issue...how long have you had her? If it's only been a short time, did you do a formal introduction to the male?

BTW...whatever happened with the problems you posted about a few weeks ago...the male cat peeing outside the box and the female having a vomiting problem. What did the vet say?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the female before offering an opinion.

As for the male, one of my cats did the butt drag when she had ingested dental floss 8O As others have suggested, there are a number of things that could be going on, all of which require a vet visit. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts