Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I thought at the beginning maybe they just hadn't checked out one anothers potty at first...clearly that's not the case. Franny waits outside of Addison's box sometimes while she's doing her business and Addison pokes around outside Franny's box, but neither goes in the other's potty.

Whenever I have taken Addison in for her shots or during her deworming (did it to be safe, never saw anything) they recommened that Franny get dewormed as well (to be safe, which we went ahead and did) because "since they share the litterbox, they share everything else". Anyway, every time I've told the vaccination clinic or the vet's office that they do NOT share the litterbox, i get the same look...*yeah, okay lady, if you say so* - but i swear, they don't.

Anybody else ever noticed this?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That is hilarious!! We have the flip problem over here. We have tons of boxes, but ALL FOUR need to use the SAME box the others are using, and it rotates to different ones on different days. *Scratching head* Luckily I scoop 4-5 times a day, so there's no buildup.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe you 100%

Mine do it to.. I have a large closed in catbox and a small walk in catbox..

the females use the smalls one and the male uses the large one. I kid you not.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
My two cats share litter boxes, but they use one litter box strictly for pee and the other strictly for poo. It is so weird!

And it seems like everytime I see the older cat in the closed litter box, the kitten has to be in there with him. I just hope the older cat has good aim...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts