Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat was sick 2 days ago and finally got better yesterday... Everything seems to becoming normal. Then I cleaned her ears with ear cleaner yesterday, now when I make certain noise with my mouth or call her name by her, she can't seem to know which direction the noise is coming from, she would spin her head left to right to find out where is coming from, she seems nervous too. Is it because her ears are too dirty? Will she get better?

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Maybe cleaner pooled in her inner ear? Kind of like swimmer's ear?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: went to the Vet... everything seems fine... took some blood for test. The vet said it could be the hangover from the catnip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another update... I went online and searched around about hearing loss for cats. Found out that there is a "BAER Test" (brainstem auditory evoked response test) that can be given to the cat's ear. But my vet didn't mention that test me at the hospital, he just used his microscope to look in to my cat's ears telling me that they are fine... just a some wax in one ear. I am waiting for the Vet to call me back to discuss this issue with him. It's almost been a week and she still can't hear... but I am sure she's not fully deaf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts