Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an issue my male cat (4 yrs) is attacking my dads obese elderly cat (18+ yrs). She’s never liked him not since he was a kitten but now she spends all day hiding under my dads bed. The second she try’s to run he acts like it’s a game and cases her down and rips her up until she pees herself all the while he struts around with his tail high. The biggest issue is the litter box is in my room opposite side of the house and my room is his “main territory” and my dad said he’d rather put all the cats down then set up another litter box and if I cant get him to stop attacking her and she starts peeing in his room she’ll be the one put down. I really need some help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The rule on boxes is 1 per cat plus 1 extra. For this reason. Cats are naturally territorial and some even like to use one box for pee and one for poop. The younger does sound bored as well. Is he neutered? There needs to be lots of climbs and scratchers and hides for them to claim and get away from one another. Maybe have her checked by a vet too since she could have something going on with her kidneys or bladder.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. The male isn’t neutered but his actions have finally convinced my bad to get him fixed. Sadly the scratching posts are another thing I can’t get since it’s been deemed “not worth the money” by my dad. Would tiring him out with play help?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the info. The male isn’t neutered but his actions have finally convinced my bad to get him fixed. Sadly the scratching posts are another thing I can’t get since it’s been deemed “not worth the money” by my dad. Would tiring him out with play help?
You can use found logs with the bark for scratchers and there's lots of DIY YouTube videos on how to make hides other than cardboard boxes. Playing and allowing him to chase and jump after his "prey" will allow him to express his desire to hunt. Unaltered male cats are just not easy to deal with.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts