Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this last Feb I found out my 10 year old cat had a tumor in her intestines. The vet was able to remove the tumor. All was going well until about a couple weeks ago. She started eating less and not acting the same. I took her back to the vet yesterday and we discovered she has another tumor. Possibly bigger than the last, meaning it rapidly grew since the removal of the first. With this one you can pretty much feel in by pressing in her side area.

I feel bad watching her. She walks slowly and seems to be in pain when I touch her stomach. I believe the tumor is closing her intestines so whatever she eats just gets built up. I want to do a home euthanasia for her however one Dr will be gone from April 30th-May 11 and the other wont be back until mid may due to medical leave.

Im heart broken. Basically I need reassurance that euthanasia is the right thing for her. My mother thinks she looks fine however I know shes not. Have any of you done euthanasia at the pet clinic? How is it? The main reason I want to do it at home is because I know she hates going to the vet. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i'm so sorry about your kitty. we did an at home euthanasia ourselves not too long ago unfortunately. i assume you've checked all around, in the phone book, online, etc.. where you live and have not found any at-home or mobile vets? that would definitely be my choice, too, as our kitty was scared to death of going to the vet. and if this tumor is growing as fast as it seems, you don't want to wait till may 11 or after. ask all over-call other vets - whatever it takes. hopefully there is someone good near you that can do this to ease your kitty's pain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I actually live down in the Oly area, tomorrow im going to try the vet down the street from my house and see if they can make an acceptation. Im crossing my fingers that they'll be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.