Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a snow bengal, and i need the papers for it. but.... after i waited six months, so i could get it spayed. the people we bought the cat from moved. without telling us. so now, we dont know where they are and we cant get the papers. what do we do? i paid $500 for this cat, and i want the papers. any suggestions??? thanks austin

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Do you know where your cat might be registred, TICA, CFA? If you know that you can call the organisation and ask them if they've got the breeders adress or phonenumber. If you don't know you can try and call all of the different cat organisations and see if the breeder is registred somewhere, if not you'll probably never see those papers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Austin and welcome to Cat Forum.

Are you here in the U.S.? If they have moved within the past year, send a letter to their old address and let the USPS forward the letter to them, The forwarding order would still be in place.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good idea Mike. If you write on the letter "address service requested" the Post Office will also send you their new address.

However, if they're the type of people that move without notice to their buyers (a reputable breeder would never do that), they may be a kitten mill, and in that case there probably aren't any papers.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it common in the US to wait for the papers so long?
Here in Germany one receive the papers by getting the cat.
So I wonder why you have waited so long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, well, i am not sure if the kittens are registered by either of those to places, but, i have the "cat or kitten contract of sale" thats the only thing i have, i will try the letter thing, i hope it works!!! oh yea, and i am in the us.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I certainly hope you can reach the breeder. I hope that she has been so busy with the move that she could not reach those who bought her kittens. I'm glad you can still get the letter forwarded. Perhaps it would be wise to send it certified mail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts