Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ventured outside and found two of my chickens doing their dust bath thing. They looked really content on this gorgeous day here so I snapped a quick video with my phone. And yes, I failed to account for scene orientation when I shot this video :|

EDIT: If you check it out in 720p on full screen you can clearly see them rubbing their heads in the dirt for a cuteness overload. That is, if you find dirty chickens cute!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know chickens did that. I know critters like squirrels and mice do!
Not only do they do it, they keep using the same spot over and over so the holes they dig in the process can get deep. The ones they use in the video have gotten as deep as six to eight inches before I fill them in a bit so no one trips in the chicken bathing holes :)

·
Banned
203 Posts
Gosh, you know, I grew up in the south, in the country and have seen many a chicken, but I never seen them do that!! :) That is so cute!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is cute! I just love chickens. I hope to have some of my own someday. :) How many total do you have Saydee?
I have three, all different breeds. One production red, one black star, and one red rock. They're free range on about an acre (lucky chickens!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts