Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Mokie! Lavender (hamster) midnight (a little fish)
3 Posts
Aww 🥰 my cat loves to get in the bathtub/shower and when I have to get a shower I have to take him out and then he looks at me like how dare you lol anyways your cat is so cute!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She seems to like the cover on the box for privacy and her scratching post is given a good workout every day. I am quite pleased at how well we have both adjusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
She is one lucky kitty! Thanks for adopting her! :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You might not be hearing her, but perhaps you can feel her purring with your hand on her body? Some time when she is relaxed and happy, pet her, just rest your hand on her ribs and see what you feel. Or her chest. Blackie purrs when I put his food down. I run my hand down his back and sides and his purr is very noticeable.

Not all cats have a loud meow. My Blackie has a soft little "mew" and I've had cats that I never did hear, although I could see they were speaking to me!

·
Registered
101 Posts
What a cute kitty! Congratulations on your new sweetie.

We adopted two littermates last fall. The girl was quiet and rarely purred at first. Over the next few months she started purring more often and now will purr regularly when we pet her. It took a while though. She is still pretty quiet, but will make little sounds related to food or play. My guess is that she (our cat) would be difficult to hear with limited hearing, whereas our male is vocal and louder and could probably be heard by anyone with a bit of hearing. But definitely the purr can be felt.

Your kitty may be need more time to find her voice and her purr. Even if she is too quiet for you to hear her, I bet you will notice the purring after a little time.

Does she have her claws? If so, they can get really long and sharp. Like, painfully sharp. You might want to consider having them covered with rubber tips. The vet can do it.

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
116 Posts
Kudos to you for adopting a cat and showing that cat some love... believe it or not, that love will come back to you over time, with the kitteh showing YOU love, sleeping next to you, sharing hilarious moments in your home and life, etc., etc. Moi, I rigged my entire home to accommodate cats: I widened ALL the window sills, added exterior cat walkways or ledges so my cats could hang out up high outside, and access the roof from my bedroom window without ever touching the ground. Changed things indoors so the cats had all kinds of vertical spaces to use, ledges or shelves for transit, doors left open on cabinets or closets so the varmints had "cat caves"---I even made a sweet "cat cave" out of cupboards above the fridge which were impractical for humans to reach, yeah? Believe me, if you let the cat share all of those vertical spaces---window sills, kitchen counter tops, bar tops, etc.---that cat will learn to LOVE YOU like no other, LOL.

SO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IN YOUR HOME TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF YOU & YOUR CAT, AYE???

MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE, AND KEEPS BOTH OF YA HAPPY... I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE IT!!! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Cranberry is So fast---zip zip zip she's everywhere. I know it's a cat's nature but her speed still amazes me. She loves to pounce on my chest when I am laying down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello, Lonjay, good to hear that you & your cat are bonding so well! An energetic & playful cat is generally a happy cat, mine zoom around the house and chase each other every day, lol. No worries, they eventually tire themselves out and take the proverbial cat nap! So it's all good! CHEERS!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,738 Posts
She sounds adorable. Cats are so clever. Cali could open my cupboards. My childproofed cupboards.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My cat Crackhead opens doors all the time, but they're usually cabinet doors, not the sliding numbers. As for closets, they're ALL cat caves, lol... I set up my walk-in closet in the master bedroom as a big ol' cat cave, I only use it for storage anyway, so every flat surface has a Mexican blanket atop it, or a spare beach towel, bathroom rug, etc. Gotta keep the kittehs happy, and one way to do it is to pad every flat surface, lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you can get the cat to hang up clothes, you might be able to talk her into cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, etc. Good luck with all of that... ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Brilliant! Now, if you could just get her to hang up your clothes, you'll be all set! :)
I have had dogs who will pick up the laundry on cue and put it into the laundry basket. (of course, I first had to strew it on the floor for them to pick up, which is not how I commonly do things!)
A cat, of course, would just roll around in the clothes and hide under them, in order to dash out and grab your ankles as you go by!
:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In fact she seems to enjoy it. She will jump in and then out real quick as I shower She is just wet but not soaked. Then she will jump on me and dry herself on my terry cloth robe as I lay in my recliner.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts