Cat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
116 Posts
Back in Coronado, my cat Wingnut used to voluntarily go out in the rain... never saw a cat do that before, but Little Wing (a monster in size) was a wild and magnificent cat. Ultimately, I was forced to surrender him when some neighbor halfway down the block trapped him and turned him in to the local animal shelter... cops were talking about misdemeanor charges for having a 'roaming cat.' Later, I was told by the shelter manager that Wingnut had been adopted, I sure hope he found a good home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think it was a greeting hello. It is the first time I have heard her meow since adopting her last month. I am extremely deaf so I could have missed hearing. I can watch her mouth and tell. She likes her new bed and the bit of cat nip I put in itt.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you!
I too hope to hear my cat be more vocal.
My cat is with us for 2 and a half months and in the beginning she was also always quiet (except when she was on the heat). Then she started to do some meows for food.
Otherwise, I heard her hiss at a bird and a lizard, on the patio. And she purrs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It startles me when I am dozing in my recliner and wham, all of a sudden she lands on my chest. How can I discourage this?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yell at her when she does it? Of course you may make it so she won't want to get in your lap, because she may not realize you are dozing and not aware that she's jumping up.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That's very catlike. Blackie has recently discovered the newspaper recycle basket. Before, he was enamoured of the guest bed. Before that it was the platform rocker.... Sometimes I have no idea where he is, can't find him. But he's somewhere in here sleeping.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts