Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Wraith, <a regular domestic> he is about 10 weeks old now, anyways, when im playing with him he has a little problem with kicking himself violently in the head to the point where he gets mean, and switches from play mode to fight mode <it seems> I don't know he may just be discovering his body with a kwirky inabilty to contol his hind legs. I just don't want him to think I am the one hitting him over the head. By the way, when he gets mean I leave him alone I don't try and punish him. but thats all I know to do right now.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Leaving him alone is the right thing to do until he calms down. When a kitten turns about nine weeks old their play becomes more aggressive as they prepare for adulthood. Give him time, he'll grow out of the beating up himself and others stage. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our little guy would play rough too, then we adopted our little girl. They would spend so much time running, playing and grooming each other. Does your baby have a playmate. It is something worth considering since he is so young. Also, if you spend alot of time away from home (working FT etc.) you may consider getting him a companion so that he isn't as lonely. You are doing he best thing by ignoring him.....he's just young and being playful. Try to spend time each day playing with him (with wand toys, mice etc....and then giving him treats as rewards.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't have a conpanion cat for him. i want to get an all white persian female because he is an all black short hair cat. Anyways, I've never really owned a cat before, I am sorry if the question was not a good one. The thing that scared me was the fact that his hair would stand up on his back and tail and he would start getting vocal. I just heard that hitting a cat makes them mean, and i really think when he kicks him self he thinks it is me. I was just wondering if there was anything exept for ignoring him I could do. Oh, and he probably spends about 6 hours a day on average alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts