Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very very sad day for me. My 12 year old female cat was found dead on her bed late last night. She was still warm. No outward warning signs. A bit lethargic lately and a loss of fur on her back legs. Had her at the vet for a checkup 3 weeks ago.

I'm sad.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Oh no! What a shock! Very sad indeed. Much sympathy.

Your one consolation is that she did not spend many hours very sick, having vet visits, operations, meds, and all that nasty stuff.

Dying in sleep is many people's great wish, and your Creampuff got it. That doesn't help you much, though, except that she did not suffer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You have my sympathy. At least she died peacefully, remembering that may help a little with your grief. I know it's still hard.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the sentiments.

I was looking back through my old posts and noticed a couple related to Creampuff. Back in 2010 I went through a tough time with her and what I believed then and now was mercury poisoning. And again later, she had a severe reaction to flea meds that I applied to her back, and since then she always had a problem with solid food. I finally found one brand that she would eat and not vomit.

I've had a cat long ago that again I posted about that I had to have put to sleep because of a Saddle Thrombosis so I understand sudden death and it is never easy.

Creampuff was a good girl and I gave her a good life but it ended way too soon.

Regards...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts