Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He had a rubber band around his checkbook, he sat at the breakfast bar writing checks and left the rubber band on the counter next to him. Holly snuck up and stole it without him noticing. She turned her back to him and promptly ate the darn thing. He didn't realize what happened until he looked for the rubber band after he finished what he was doing.

So now we play the waiting game to see if it passes or causes trouble. I know right where the vet bill is going if this is a problem...he knows she eats the stinkin' things. Keep your fingers crossed that it passes through her...

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
*hoping/praying for a happy outcome*

Our Toby was a rubberband eater, and even though he passed away in 2008, we still immediately put r/b's in the drawer. He did manage to eat several and they always passed w/ no trouble. Sending wishes for the same kinda luck to you and Holly.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Callie was a rubber band eater too, so I just haven't had any in the house for umpteen years...other than hair bands, which I keep in a drawer and never, ever leave out anywhere. A couple years ago my father had one of those huge gold covered elastics that are used on presents...he was using it around a big file folder. Holly managed to steal that one too, the thing was at least 2 ft long. About 3 weeks later she vomited and there were 4-5 little pieces of it in there...that accounted for about 2-3 inches of it...never found the rest of it even though I moved/looked under furniture, appliances etc. And it never showed up in the litterbox.

So Dad is well aware of her klepto habits, but she managed to lull him into complacency yet again. She's fine so far, hopefully the power of everyone's finger crossing will keep her that way!

Hmmm...and while I'm typing this, Maggie has been opening cabinet doors and foraging. And now Holly is getting in on the act....guess I'd better go and get the kids settled for bed before they cause more trouble...

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I'm always baffled. Given all their survival instincts, don't they know what's food and what isn't??

How long would it normally take something to pass? Just wondered how long you get to keep watch. :-(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh no! Keeping fingers crossed for Holly. I remember how scary it was when Zaya ate a string.. Hopefully it passes quickly and saves you a lot of worry!!

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far nothing has changed...no rubberband in the litterbox, but she's acting fine.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news! The rubber band came up a few minutes ago...all entwined in a hairball. Whew!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts