Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite cats are the ones who are very affectionate, who like to be petted/picked up and have "dog like" attachment to its owner.

This may sound obvious but I've met quite a few people who own cats that are a bit unfriendly, mysterious, and in one case very physically aggressive towards people...even the owner!

My general rule is if I think the cat might bite or scratch, then he/she is not adorable enough for ownership, hehe.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I'd definitely like a more affectionate cat too, but the problem is that you can't really know what they're like when you adopt them. Rookie was more aloof and timid, so I just rolled with that and tried to get as much out of her as I could -- like figuring out that she loved to be brushed. Murphy is much more affectionate, so I'm loving that too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My favorite cats are the ones who are very affectionate, who like to be petted/picked up and have "dog like" attachment to its owner.
My 1st female cat Pusia(1996-2011) was exactly like that. She was always following me or my wife or laying down on ones chest. We loved her so much. It was so tragic event when she passed away. We decided that we won't get a new cat, but after one month we felt that something is missing in our life. One week ago, we adopted Bryan. We love him already so much, but we will never forget our 1st kitty Pusia. RIP Princes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts