Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post here what some of my ferals are called. That way we can talk abt B or C without confusing them ..I plan on taking pictures sometime to include in my colony log and of course I'll post them.
Adult males;Blackie, Leo;
Adult females; Nerina, Malin, Paula
4+ mos old kittens; Rock, Clovis, Billie, Demi. Mother's Paula's for sure; another kitten Roll (R & R looked exactly the same) died.
Four more kittens_same age_either Malin's or Nerina. Probably M's.
And Nerina is a mother again, have looked about where she could keep her litter but can't find it yet.

PS Madam (sig) is our housecat

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would love to see the kitties whose names I have learned about today - what a great mommy you are!
I also have a black kitty - feral but pickable called Blackie - it seems to be a very popular name!
I almost named an orange kitty Clovis but switched to Chubby since it fitted his figure :wink:
Also - although I find some kitties dead a find names for them and burry them in a proper manner putting a toy, a blankie with them ..and a piece of my heart so they know they are loved...I find a lot of comfort in doing so and it makes it easier..if one can say that
I will take pictures of my feral kitties as well - the ones that will agree to pose anyways :lol:
Looking forward for your pictures, Rosalie

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blackie became Blackie to me lately!! I called him Nero, I know it sounds like a dog's name but I called him Nero b/c Nero means black in Italian, besides he looks like the emperor somehow, with a swagger. His friend Bill calls him Blackie so I left it at that.
You almost named a kitty Clovis! That's cute, I didn't know another Clovis, I named him after Clovis, California, where a cousin of mine lives.
Nerina is a female Blackie in Italian, I knew of a Italian cat by that name.
Paula means small in Latin, she's rather wiry.
Malin means girl in a Native Argentine lang, from the area where I lived
Leo is actually a big grey tabby but moves like a lion..hence Leo
Rock and Roll were the only 2 tabbies in an otherwise all black litter, there's only Rock left.
Billie..he reminds me of Bill the Cat only because he has a funny tail, his uncle did too. I call him Billie b/c I don't know if he's a boy or a girl so either will fit :wink:
Demi means'half/semi' in French, he's the runt but looks healthy, just smaller than his siblings; also I thought of Demi Moore the actress.
Don't know if I can pictures but I'll try, I'd love to see yours, specially Chubby, love orange tabbies (and everybody else).
There's a neighbor's kitty I call Louis (the kitty) that's an orange marmalade, his chops look computer enhanced, like a in a magazine ad!

·
Registered
628 Posts
My colony is only 4 cats...anyway their names are:

Males(all brothers @ 1 year)- Yudi, Bhima, Arjuna

Female(mother I believe)- Rohini aka. Momma

The mother also had kittens which I tamed and kept. Their names are Bhisma & Shiva.

Abhay :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I knew a Nero but he was a strong GS dog from my childhood - and I was terrified of but also admired :D
I am delighted to see you are multi-lingual, Rosalie - you have kitty names influenced by the French, Italian, Argentinian and not last English languages.
Clovis is actually the name of the first king (of the Merovingien dinasty) to rule France. Chubby had an air of royalty about him - very dignified and imposing - that was how I saw/see him..others saw him mean. I thought calling him Chubby might make some people see his sweetness. His cheeks were chunky and cute. Unfortunately he suffered severe wounds and we could not afford to pay the bills. We turned him in to the Emergency Vets who declared that would make everything possible to help him. We had no rights to inquiere what became of him afterwards. This is one of the things I cannot forgive myself having to do. After having trapped him I wanted to return him to the wild but Andrew didn't agree afraid that he might perish in agony. That was a hard time - one of them.

Abhay you must be familair with Indian names because that is what they sound to me. Do they mean anything?

I love sharing these stories - names that hide the kitties personalities, the stories behind them

Perhaps this thread would be best suited in the new feral cat section...I guess I am the first to realize since I am the only one awake so late :roll:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, "Shiva" sounds like the female version of "Siva"; Siva is the Hindu god of Destruction, while Shiva is the Hindu goddess of destruction. I only know because we researched Hindu gods when picking out a name for my friend's fish.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes, I am familier with Indian names :D Abhay is also an Indian name....but I'm not Indian. Shiva & Siva are the same things....just spelt different. Siva was the demigod who supervises the material mode of ignorance.

My Shiva is a girl though, and my Bhisma is her brother. All my pets(and siblings) have Indian names. I guess you would say it is part of my religion...I worshop Krishna(another name for God) :D

Take Care,
Abhay

3 dogs-Kartamashad, Lila, & Gopa

10 cats-Tulsi, Samba, Mohana, Radha, Gaura, Shyama, Bhisma, Shiva, Sita, & Nitai

1 foster cat-Tamal

4 feral-Yudi, Rohini, Bhima, & Arjuna

2 hamsters-Bala & Nimai

9 hermit crabs...which I am always forgeting their names 8O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts