Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi cat forum,
My wife and I adopted an amazing Calico domestic shorthair about two months ago. She is the first cat that I have lived with so it has been a great experience for me. Her name is Mocha but we call her Moo due to her resemblance to a cow :D, and she is about 11months old.
I am a 23 and working on as a PhD student in math at the university of toronto.
I have come to your forum to learn everything I can about how to take amazing care of Moo. I am particularly interested in a raw food diet, which we have started on and run into some complications with. Hopefully I can find some help here. I have read most of catnutrition, catinfo, and raising cats naturally so perhaps I can help to answer some basic questions that others might have.
And if anyone needs math help they can send me a message hehe.
Best,
Zortch

·
Super Moderator
26,812 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Calicos.

No, really. It's their world, we just pay the rent. :grin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the wonderful world of Calicos.

No, really. It's their world, we just pay the rent. :grin:
Why do Calicos have such a reputation? Depending on who I ask Calicos are described as at the least having strong personalities all the way to being down right crazy! I guess I would understand better if I had more basis for comparison heh.

·
Super Moderator
26,812 Posts
My girls have it all - they're loving and cuddly and bratty and sneaky and funny and infuriating and willful, but CUTE, which helps them get away with a LOT!

Seriously though, I never heard of calicos having any kind of reputation before I joined CF, either. I think most cats can be described like mine. :grin:

But Cinderella wasn't any trouble at all. And neither was Cleo. Until the twinz arrived and corrupted her.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Calicos, Torties (Tortoise Shell) and Torbies (Patched Tabbies) are collectively referred to as Party Colored Cats and are almost exclusively female due to genetics which I don't pretend to understand.
Most female cats know that they're are beautiful and highly sought and the Party Girls are no exception.
These girls generally are free spirited and have a zest for life, which in my opinion is all for the good.
Those that have passed through my life have all been wonderful cats.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My girls have it all - they're loving and cuddly and bratty and sneaky and funny and infuriating and willful, but CUTE, which helps them get away with a LOT!
Layla is my first cat (other than my parent's cat) and this is proving to be very true! I wish I was as cute as her so that I could get away with diva behavior.

Welcome to the forum, Zortch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts