Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know I haven't been on much lately, but I'm stopping by to look through the millions of posts since my last visit and thought I'd tell you all about my first day at work. I'm working as an assistant in a vet's office... which basically means keeping everything clean at all times (floors, counters, dishes, cages, exam rooms, surgery room, laundry, etc), playing with the animals in the boarding area, and holding animals while the vets or vet techs give them medicine or shots or examine them. It's fun so far! I'd really like to become a vet tech and then eventually a veterinarian... I was thinking of looking into evening or summer school courses so that I could maybe become a vet tech before I'm in college. It looks like it's possible... the only problem is that because I'm only 16 I have to get special permission from the deparment head in the college near me, plus I need a chemistry credit (I'm not taking chem till next year).

But anyway, my first day went well :D

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I'm doing the same thing until next year when I start the vet tech program and move on up. Actually, I work in the kennel but still "assist" whenever I have nothing to do. And once a week I train as an assistant. I LOVE IT!! :)

Congrats on the new job and good luck with school.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts