Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically, it's my second trip...since we adopted Skeeter from the a vet's office. I've never had to take a pet to the vet, though and it's making my stomach tie in knots. I'm so scared and nervous for him. My heart is racing and it's 1/2 an hour until our appointment. Luckily, Jim is coming, too, and he keeps reassuring me that everything is going to be fine and that it's to keep Skeeter health. Also lucky for us is that our vet office is just across the street from where we live!! How cool is that?! I hope the little guy doesn't get mad at us for taking him there. :( I'll let you all know how it goes for all of us.

How was your first time to the vet??

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was nervous too. Suzy wasn't feeling good and I was worried. But when I got there I started to relax. When Suzy (and Sam was with her in the crate) started to sniff around since she was curious I relaxed totally. I don't think she realized she was being taken to the doctor at all. Alll new and fun things to explore. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Remembering WAY back....

I think I was nervous - what if they found something wrong, what if Megan hated it there, etc. However I was also looking forward to showing her off because I assumed there would be cat lovers there and she was an adorable little kitten. She liked it fine (hated the car ride but loved the vet) and they loved her. Across the street vets would be REALLY convenient! You are lucky.

It's gotten to be old hat these days. Most times I take in two at a time, sometimes three! I hope Skeeter has a great time and gets a good bill of health.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I just took Thomas in for his yearly checkup...he bit me when they gave him his shot. There was only a little blood. Thank you Thomas.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we are back from the vet's office. The whole thing went fine. The car ride there was a little tedious as the vet had re-located and was now across town (luckily, we live in a small town, though!). So, Skeeter meowed a little on the way there, but didn't meow at all once we got into the office. We had to wait an HOUR before seen by the vet because an emergency had been brought in (a dog hit by a car...quite sad). By the time the vet got to us, Skeeter was playing with us and acting like his normal self. We got his distemper/upper resp. and rabies shots. He's set to go! On the car ride home he was cuddling up to his daddy and purring most of the way. I guess he was just happy to be on the way back home. Now we are home and it's like nothing at all happened. :) That makes Jim and I very happy. We thought Skeeter would be mad at us! I think we'll all cuddle up and watch a movie now (one of our family past-times). Skeeter gets to pick! :)

Thank you for sharing your stories!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts