Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I worked 2 years with him outside. could pet him after a year or so. Caught in live trap and now he’s happy inside with my other two cats.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Good for you! My feral was worked with for 5 years but never got the courage to come in, nor to get in my lap. I could sometimes pet him - nobody else could except my daughter, but she's a cat whisperer! :D

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
94 Posts
Aw, he's a handsome black house panther... has a touch or two of white, like my cat Crackhead. Here's little Phoenix on her favorite outdoor ledge this morning, she likes to get up there and look over the neighborhood. That's the impromptu 'cat ladder' to the roof, she goes up there every so often to get an even better view. She & Tiger were both feral when young, and they're still a bit spooky at times, but they've settled in nicely overall. Here's Phoenix, with a bonus shot taken at dawn this morning:

IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2701.JPG

I picked up some sort of throat bug recently, got a scratchy throat today so I'm just gonna take it easy, hopefully it'll be gone before my interview on Monday morning. Hot herbal tea didn't seem to make much difference... reckon I'll try some fresh juice. I haven't had a bug in ages, as germs don't fare well in the high desert. Oh, well, I guess it's my turn, at least the low-grade fever seems to be subsiding, my forehead was hot last night but it feels normal today. Meh, I'll just share quality time with the cats and hope for the best.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have so much admiration for you. We brought in a feral cat several years ago that hung around our patio and asked to come in. He even slept back-to-back with our indoor cat. We could just never catch him to take him to the vet for shots. We trapped him in our laundry room but he jumped to the very top of the cabinets and was totally freaked out. We finally gave up. It takes a special type of patience to foster feral cats. You are a saint.

BTW your feral cat looks a lot like our beautiful black cat Toby, who passed away almost a month ago due to asthma. We miss him terribly. Black cats rock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts