Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my fosterkitty, Skylar, for a little over a year and a half now. He has several special needs so I've had a hard time finding anyone that was willing to take on a cat knowing his medical problems. I have finally found him the perfect home. It's a couple without any kids, they only have 2 other pets(another cat and a mini poodle), and they're both vets! I definatly won't have to worry about them being able to afford vet bills :wink: Wish Skylar luck as he heads to his new home! I'm sure going to miss my fluffy little kissy boy!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
He is such a beauty! Sounds like he has a wonderful home. Of course he has had a wonderful foster mom for the past year and a half. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lori said:
He is such a beauty! Sounds like he has a wonderful home. Of course he has had a wonderful foster mom for the past year and a half. :D
Well, I don't know if I'd say he's had a wonderful foster mom, but I've tried to do everything I can for him. It's going to break my heart to let him go after this long, but that's what being a foster mom is all about, getting them ready and loving them until you find the perfect home for them! After that big scare when Skylar got outside and was gone for a couple days I almost flunked, but I know this will be the better home for Skylar, he'll be happy there, spoiled rotten, and have the best there is, and I made them promise to send me pictures often!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I'm happy for Skylar, but I can't help but think that you must have mixed feelings about this. I'm sure you love him, and will find this hard to do. You certainly found a great home for him. :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
That is wonderful news, Lydia!
I know you will miss Skyler terribly but it is like you explained it..and sometimes we need to make room for another little soul that needs the same treatment awaiting for us to find him/her a forever home!
I am truly happy for you and Skyler

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the biggest thing, If I kept all the fosters that stole my heart I wouldn't be able to help more. I love them, they can stay how ever long it takes, but it's always hard to see them go. The thought that I can then take in another cat and do the same for it is what keeps me doing it!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just want to say you must have a wonderful heart to foster cats. Well done to you and good luck to Skylar! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts