Cat Forum banner

my friend lost her cat

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ThreeCatzGirl 
#1 ·
I have a friend who lives in Ga. She lives with her boyfriend who has a cat named cinnamon. Well he got out of the house some how and the boyfriend wont go out to look for him. :(

I told my friend what to do when looking for there cat. I also told them to set traps and bait them really well! She said that the bf doesnt want to set traps because its been raining alot down there and hes afraid that the cat would drown in the trap if he went inside it. So they havent set the trap since.

They live in a wooded area. so there cat is probably out lost in the woods somewhere.

I dont think my friend posted an ad online for her bfs cat. So she is waiting for somebody to post a * found cat* ad online. I dont know if that will happen because there cat doesnt have a collar or a microchip.

There is nothing i can do for them because im here in ny. I am very worried for there cat. I went through the same thing over the winter time. So i keep telling her to look for that cat and she refuses to. :( so sad....

#3 ·
If they're both refusing to go look for the cat, they don't deserve to have her.

#6 ·
I agree. The boyfriend sounds like a jerk. I wouldn't be with him. If he doesn't care about a cat how could he care for her? Insensitive.
The OP also said:
So i keep telling her to look for that cat and she refuses to. :( so sad....
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
I would be banging on doors and hunting day and night if it were one of my boys.

#7 ·
EXCUSE ME is this not 2012. Could she not figure out how to set a trap and check it? Could she not post on line her cat is missing. Could she not print flyers out to pass around and call the shelters and animal control?

NO man could ever stop me from looking for my cat. Plus I wouldn't be with a man who didn't understand my love for animals. Bottom line right there. Where is her head at?

Id rethink the value of this friendship.

#8 ·
TCG, you can post an ad on Craigslist in their area if you really want to help them.

#9 ·
Thank you everyone for your comments.

My friend does complain about the bf from time to time. It seems like hes the boss of the house because he wont let her look for the cat.

i dont know much about the guy.

i want to help them look for the cat .. but i dont know anything about the cat or where he headed out to or the area they live in. I dont want to ask my friend because she will probably say no to letting me post an ad online for them.

sigh....

#11 ·
So today i asked my friend on any news about her bf's cat: cinnamon.

This is what she said...Cinnamon was an outdoor cat, so it's hard to tell exactly how long he's been gone because he wonders off A LOT. We have not seen him around recently.

After that she moved on to another topic. So it seems like she doesnt care about cinnamon. which makes me really sad!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
reading thing's like this just make's me so sad & actually pretty angry too :-(

I can not ever understand why people want pet's that they clearly could not give a stuff about??

I find it all rather strange & very upsetting

& how can anyone stop someone else from looking for a cat!!!!! an army of soldiers could not stop me, I think it is clear that neither of them care for the cat :-(

#18 ·
That's so sad, why did they get a pet if they don't even care about it. It sounds like maybe she needs to rethink her living arrangements if she is going to let her boyfriend be "the boss of the house."

That poor cat is probably out there suffering because he's too much a jerk and she for some reason feels she can't just do it on her own.

That has to stink looking at your friend's situation and feeling helpless. You could just post an ad in their area and say that a cat has gone missing in the area and for someone to turn it into the animal shelter, because it's owners don't care enough about it.

Sounds like the drowning thing is just an excuse not to do it. Unless he planned on putting in a puddle of water, there really isn't any reason the cat would drowned in the trap from it raining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.