Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My girl Lola-she is 3 years old keeps peeing on my bed. I have had her tested for urinary tract infections, A blood test, cleaned the box, covered the bed with her stuff, feliway spray and plug in and I can’t get her to pee in her box like she was before last week. Any new ideas?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Assuming: 1) you haven't changed the type of litter you're using; 2) you keep her box nice and clean; 3) she has easy access to a box or boxes located where nobody bothers her while she's using it; and 4) you haven't had any upsetting (to her) changes in your household that could have triggered this behavior . . .

I'd confine her and a litter box to a room where she can't destroy anything you care about. There's a product called Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract, that you sprinkle in the litter box; you might give that a try. Once she's using the box regularly, open the door and show her where her other box is. Then see if you've broken her habit of using the bed. Also, put a moisture-proof cover on the mattress, or maybe keep the bedroom door closed so she can't get in there at all.

Good luck. I have one cat who did this a few years ago; it turned out he had a UTI. By the time that was cleared up, he had decided he didn't want to use his box at all so I evicted him from the house for a while. Now he's allowed inside again when he wants, but he still goes outside to do his business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts