Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three does had their kids yesterday. :D

Delilah had two bucks and one doe.
Hannah had triplet does.
Georgia had one buck and one doe.

So total of 8 kids.

I'm going to get photos of them today since they are moving around better. Will post them once I do. :D

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
EIGHT! *faints* I fainted because I know you milk the nannies and BOTTLE FEED the kids, and I can only imagine the amount of work that is! Do you still have another Nanny who will be kidding?

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait for pics, I loooooove baby goats!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I love goats , years ago we had saanens .. and I can still remember my kids and her kids ... Fran my daughter adored little snowflake .

We also used to milk the goats.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Here are the photos. There's one not pictures. Eclipse and the other doeling are still in the house because they are too weak to be in the barn. I have had to tube feed Eclipse the last two feedings. :(

Here are photos of the 6 babies in the barn.

First, a pile of kids.

Honey, Delilah’s doeling.

Delilah’s bucklings

This one, I wouldn’t mind keeping.

Georgia’s Buckling

Georgia’s Doeling

One of Hannah’s doelings.

This was taken the day they were born, this is Eclipse. Hannah's doeling. Not pictured, is Hannah's other doeling.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Ha! That first pic was like looking at a pile of kittens! They all look the same...though I'm sure you are able to tell them apart.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Yes I can tell them apart. Took me a few hours to find the difference in each though.

LOL trust me, you DO NOT want them all. They are a pain in the butt, but their cuteness makes up for it. :lol:

·
Registered
777 Posts
They are very cute, and I agree goats can be very tiresome .... ours used to insist on coming into the kitchen !!!!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Is she still inside or has she been able to go out to the barn to join the others?
Does it look like she will reach 100% and be fine?
h

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thankyou :D

Eclipse still has issues taking the bottle but she's eating more now then she did before. She's still in the house and will be until she's eating 100%. The other doeling will be moved to the barn this weekend since she's eating great. Honey, a doeling from the barn was moved to the house because she was shivering, had a temp, and a swollen leg so she's in our bathroom at the moment. We took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with what I suspected; joint ill: an infection in the joint. So she has to have two antibiotics shots and one pain shot for 3 days. Poor goat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts